New’s Comment #1

September 2, 2021

In an article by the New York Times, a journalist reports about how the Taliban finds it hard to govern. The past two weeks since the fall of Kabul, it has been a struggle for Taliban officials to take up functions of a new government. Although surprised by the rapid surrender of the Afghan government, the Taliban movement has been preparing to take power for more than a decade, steadily expanding its shadow government in waiting. Over the years, they have formed national commissions for sectors like health care and education, appointing officials down to the district level across much of the country.

In a quote by, The Taliban intelligence chief, Hajji Najibullah, “That afternoon, our leadership ordered us to enter the city in order to prevent looting,”. Kabul was abandoned it’s almost as if the Afghan government just gave up after the United States Military withdrew from Afghanistan.

I recommend this article to anyone who wants to learn more I liked it because I learned a lot about the Taliban and if you want to learn more definitely read this article and every other article the New York Times has about Afghanistan.

New York Times