Frank and Louie

News Comment for September 29, 2011

Most cat owners would agree that their feline friends can be very two-faced at times. Gentle and loving one moment, then menacing and ready to attack the next.

Well for one Massachusetts cat owner, her two-faced cat has now made it into the Guinness Book of World Records. Frank and Louie the cat is now the longest surviving “Janus cat,” named after the Roman god with two faces.

Frank and Louie was born with two mouths, two noses, and three eyes, and has now been alive for twelve years. The cat’s owner, Marty Stevens rescued this cat from being put to sleep because of its condition.

What makes Frank and Louie’s story so incredible is that most Janus cats don’t live past a few days because of numerous internal problems. However, Stevens decided to take the chance and it has paid off with her pet’s new world record.

In what could easily be the most heartwarming and bizarre story I’ve come across in this class, I’m alright with the fact that each of our cats back home only have one face.

Click this picture to read more about Frank and Louie and his owner, Marty Stevens

One Response to “Frank and Louie”

1.   fuglsang Says:

What I find strange is the “Janus cat” is some sort of category. Frank and Louie obviously is not the first such kitty. Do you suppose Janus kitties have a website of their own? I’m pretty sure Guinness has one. Send me there for more info, Nick.