A blog 'loya'l to it's readers

Passion For The Game

One thing that stood out to me when I first met Niklas Gustav was his passion for football.

Nik is a person who, for as long as I have known him, has always been willing to do whatever it took to play the game. I also know how his passion can carry over into life.

In 2016, Niklas was selected to play football for team Germany in Kuwait in the World Cup. After a number of tryouts to make the team, he had to make it through multiple camps in order to play in the World Cup.

Nik said that while there, they had to play some games at 11:30 P.M. because it was so hot during the day that they weren’t allowed outside during the day. In the days leading up to these late night games, Nik said their whole day would have to be shifted back. Because of this, they would have to wake up at noon and would return to bed between 3 and 4 A.M.

This is just a small example of the things that Niklas has done for the game of football. Players in these situations need to have a passion for the game in order to make the life adjustments required. The passion he displays for football is also a reason for Nik being a key component in the Morningside Mustangs’ first NAIA National Football Championship in 2018.

Do you need to be in the story? Can you accomplish your goal without using “I”?

Cut the first two grafs. Begin in Kuwait. Get Nik to describe the screwed up day. Then why did he put up with it? What was he thinking? Did he think all of this was important to get him to the next step he wanted to achieve? In the end, the anecdote needs to reveal “passion.”

Always prefer showing to teling. Let Nik show the readers what happened.