Nicholas Loya is a Morningside football player who is born and raised in Fremont California. What originally brought him here to Sioux City was football, but he also has some family that lives locally. His birthday is May 5, 1999, which is also Cinco De Mayo.

His biggest influencers in life are his family. He has 4 older brothers; Davie, Jeff, Mike, and Ben. Growing up with older brothers has helped shape Loya into not only the athlete but the gentleman he is today. Loya has always had a tight bond with his parents, Kim and Dave. Loya explains, “All of the good traits I exemplify is everything I have learned from my parents. They are my support system.” Being away from home has only made his bond with his family closer.

Loya’s 5-year plan includes graduating Morningside with a degree in Secondary English Education with endorsements in Coaching and ESL. He hopes to find a teaching job where he will teach High school English. There is no specific district or location he aspires to work in, he is just excited to make a difference in the youth. In addition, he hopes to be married, travel the world, get a puppy, and have kids.