mja007's blog

January 16, 2012

Positive or negative views

Filed under: Uncategorized —— Martin @ 6:27 pm

To answer this question I have setup a survey on Facebook asking if people think society has a negative view on gaming. So far the results have shown it is mostly even on numbers of yes it has a negative view, and no it does not. My survey group consists of  various age groups ranging from 16 years of age to middle 60’s. I feel this is an accurate survey of most of the population.

3 Responses to “Positive or negative views”

1.   Jennifer Stout Says:

You got me curious for more specifics about your survey results. You could give some quotes/examples of what people said. You could also tell us how many people responded and how many responded negative vs. positive instead of saying “mostly even numbers.”

2.   RuneScape Membership Codes Says:

In general, people view video games as negative because the industry is completely new. Many of the games are also not works of art and classics similar to Socrates, Shakespeare, etc. Video games are going to hit their renaissance soon though I believe, as the casual market starts to die down, people will start trying completely new things on various consoles and the PC. Currently, the most “artistic” video game is the flower game for the PS3, which is much different than the typical games (COD, BF, Halo, other FPS). I’m just waiting for the one game to come along and see how amazing it is– that can be compared to other fantastic works of art.

3.   Hung Strang Says:

Usually I do not post on blogs, but I want to say that this article very forced me to try and do so! Thanks, incredibly nice article.

Powered by WordPress WPMU Theme pack by WPMU-DEV.