Pillow Pets looking for a good home

Pillow Pet! Who wants a Pillow Pet? Get your Pillow Pet?

A man stole $84,000 worth of Pillow Pets in Southern California. Pillow Pets are a popular stuffed toy that also doubles as a pillow.  Danny Ray Wright has smuggled 34,000 Pillow Pets from an Oceanside Warehouse since the beginning of January. Wright plead guilty to grand theft and burglary. What was his sentence? 15 days of community service and three years of probation. All for about $11,000 that he made from selling a portion of these stolen goods on eBay.

Danny Ray Wright

2 comments

1. fuglsang’s avatar

A good start, Lauren. What do you think of the sentence? Doesn’t it seem a bit light? Include in your comment discussion of why this is or isn’t newsworthy. Is it important I know that pillow pets are so in demand?
    You might look into widgets and your options for customizing.
    A Harry Carey fan?

2. Lauren’s avatar

I definitely think that Danny Wright’s sentence was on the light side. Wright stole $84,000 worth of goods and got off with probation and community service. I thought this story was interesting because it was out of the ordinary, which is why I would find it newsworthy. It would be important to know that Pillow Pets are in high demand because that’s why Wright stole them in the first place.

Comments are now closed.