Sep 27 2022

Profile Image of Jacob

Wade Micheal Candays’ Influential Life

Posted at 11:15 am under News

Morningside is home to the two time GPAC Player of the Week, Wade Canaday. Wade plays baseball and loves every moment he is on the field.

Off the field he is an academic weapon. In his advertising class, he is working with the Oscar Carl Winery in Sioux City, on their marketing campaigns. He is in charge of “helping the company with strategies for promotion and content creation.”

Wade’s leadership skills in the classroom are an attonement to his high school baseball coach. I asked Wade who the most influencial person in his life and he responded with “Coach Steve Hanson.” This is what Wade had to say about Hanson.

“He pushed me and he would chew me out when I did bad. he knew that I could handle the tough conversations. He still keeps in contact with me and the best thing he did for me was last year. We played Hastings College and he drone three and a half hours to watch me pitch. He sat right behind home plate and took two pages of notes. Steve gave it to me and that meant a lot, seeing him proud of me, and still coaching me after all these years.”

One response so far

One Response to “Wade Micheal Candays’ Influential Life”

1. fuglsangon 02 Oct 2022 at 6:45 pm 1

Canaday. Headlines may be the only thing people see. SO be accurate.

Academic weapon. I like that. But I don’t know what it means.

Nicely done. Good lead.

Comments RSS