News Comment 10/01/2020

Needless to say, the presidential debate needs organization.

“Biden interrupted Trump 49 times and Wallace 18 times for a total of 67 times. Trump, meanwhile, interrupted Biden 71 times, Wallace 74 times for a total of 145 times, according to the analysis.” according to Fox News, Brooke Singman.

The debate lacked control as well as class. The interruptions and how the debate was handled by both parties lacked any skill or logical reasoning. They tended to devolve into logical fallacies such as ad hominem (a personal attack) and “moving the goal posts” (to change topic and the goal).

That’s not to say there isn’t potential, however.

““Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues.” The CPD stated, wanting to create further organization in future debates.

I like this, they’re recognizing the faults of each side, and it seems to me like they’re looking critically at what can be improved in this situation. I think it is a decent assessment.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/commission-on-presidential-debates-carefully-considering-format-changes-after-first-trump-biden-debate