header image

hot coffee is hot

Amongst the various news stories I saw as I was gazing upon CNN’s website, this one intrigued me over all of the others, reason being that I just CAN’T stand these damned single brewing coffee makers.  It’s apparent that these terrible wasteful machines have angered the coffee and hot tea Gods and their malfunctions and overall failure was made prominent on one of the worlds leading news websites.

The Coffee Gods Retaliate

Apparently these deathtraps have been backfiring for the consumers who have foolishly purchased an item I like to call a “selfish coffeemaker”.  Thesingle serve Keurigs are not only the laziest tool to hit the breakfast nook, but also the most antisocial thing since one slice of bread toasters.  These coffee pots are nothing but trouble causing 61 incidents of “facial and hand burns” and are being recalled.  A voluntary recall was made by the Mr. Coffee company, urging stores and consumers to return the malfunctioning caffeinated death machine.  If you want my honest opinion though, anyone who makes coffee one cup at a time can’t be trusted and deserved to be burned by their disloyal environmentally harmful coffee making assassin robot.  The author of this piece also brings up another good point and repeats it several times in the article, that is that these specific Mr. Coffee machines were manufactured in, drum roll please… you guessed it, China!!!!! It is without saying, if that coffee pot was manufactured here in the good ol’ U. S. of A.,  uncle Sam and the rest of our good American people (citizens or not) would’ve produced a non-violent coffee pot.  This would have also created some jobs here, which apparently our economy is hurting without.  When will huge corporations learn to spend a little more money to manufacture a product here in the states? They will be making a little less profit yes, but these corporations will  be selling a product that is brimming with quality and can lead to satisfied repeat costumers.

This story is newsworthy because not only does provide a public service by explaining how these coffee machines have been hurting people recently, but the author, Jim Barnett also points out a problem with our corporations and their conquest for fast cheap labor and their stingy job exporting ways.

~ by Jescy on .

2 Responses to “hot coffee is hot”

1. OK, Jescy, though you may be having too much fun. Include a link to the original story. It would help me to understand your comments. I’m guessing you’re right on with the safety issue. It’s like auto recalls and the like.

2. Link is included in the story. it is the white line that says the coffee gods retaliate