Mega City Mall Explosion

December 7, 2023

Thursday, December 7th an explosion happened inside the Mega City Mall. Less than 100 people were injured and 2 fatalities were reported. The mall will be closed throughout the weekend until further notice. The explosion happened near the food court where Friskey Cream was affected with minor damage. Penny Dreadful was also affected but only had minor damage as well.

Sargent Fuglsang stated, “There is no credible evidence that it was anything other than an accident.” Mall security is helping secure the scene even with minimal help. During a interview with the on duty cop she stated that she was on the other side of the mall when she heard the explosion. She said “I thought there was a shooting so I quickly escorted people out to safety”. The food court custodian Isabelle heard the explosion while on duty. She said she heard the explosion and didn’t have time to process what was happening. She was terrified as nothing like this has ever happened to her. She is still in shock with the situation and says “It has affected me a lot”

The investigation of the explosion is ongoing. There is a special team of investigators that will be working alongside federal law enforcement agencies. Thoughts and prayers to those who were affected during this event.