Nov 18 2020

Profile Image of Daniel

Happy/Angry – A Newfound Respect

Posted at 10:23 pm under Uncategorized

Before the hum-drum activities of daily life were put on hold due to COVID-19, I got complacent. Complacent in the fact that my normal, everyday life would stay the same, and that I would be able to, for the most part, breeze through life.

On March 12, 2020, I was in the final stretch of my basketball broadcasting season. I had three games to broadcast at the women’s basketball tournament that day, the Morningside men’s game the next day, and was getting things together to start broadcasting the Bandits in a week and a half. Then, right as I was sliding into the chair to broadcast Avila and #6 Saint Xavier, my schedule was cleared in an instant. In the coming hours, I realized how important my consistent schedule, and routine of everyday life was to me. In those coming hours, I realized that my schedule would not be consistent, and my life would not be routine for the foreseeable future.

Moving to today, I am extremely happy that some of the routine, and some of the consistency has returned to my life. I am happy that I have the routine of classes, I am happy that I have the routine of my work, and I am happy that I have something to do. Things are important to me, consistency is important, and to have that coming back makes me happy.

No responses yet

Comments RSS