Aug 30 2018

Profile Image of Daniel

News Comment #2 – Calls Grow for Cardinal Wuerl to Resign Over Handling of Sex Abuse Allegations

Posted at 9:10 am under Uncategorized

This article ties into what we talked about in class the past two periods, first with the idea that the media needs to be held responsible to reporting stuff like this. It also coincides with what we talked about with the white supremacists article and how the media covers that and the responsibility they have to inform people about things that are of importance to its readers.

I would say the audience of this particular article are not only catholics but also parents of children in general. People want to know what is being done to keep people like this out of their churches and away from their kids at all cost.

I thought the lead was pretty well written, it definitely kept me wanting to read more and continue the story. I love leads that talk about the two sides of an event like that, when they talk about how certain people are showing up for this reason and the group of teachers are showing up for this reason. The two polar ends of an event, I think, make a really good lead for a story.

I thought the journalist was very objective in a story like this, she did a good job of taking her quotes, looking at the facts, and then telling you this is what I’ve got. I think if there was a number of years that this has been going on, that would have been nice to know, other than that I think she got many of the main points to this story.

All in all, I think this was a well-written story that did a good job of just giving you the facts at face value and strictly informing you of the situation.

No responses yet

Comments are closed at this time.

Trackback URI |