The Blog of Derrick James Freese

Paper #3 Rough Draft
November 10, 2011, 7:02 pm
Filed under: Web Design

In gaming news, the highly anticipated Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 game was release Tuesday. Modern Warfare 3 is expected to sell better than its predecessor, Call of Duty Black Ops, which sold 13.7 million copies in the U.S. alone. Many college students went to the midnight release. Fortunately for Morningside students, they didn’t have classes the next day, giving them time to sleep off the all nighter most of them will pull. Here is what avid Call of Duty fan, Jared Wildeboar had to say, <sound bite from interview>

Moving to sports, wrestling season is about to kick off for the Morningside Mustangs. The team has been ranked 10th in the NAIA Pre-Season Poll. The Mustangs will open the 2011/2012 season at the Dakota Wesleyan Open this weekend. Joe Sievert ranked No. 1 at 174 lbs. has this to say, <sound bite from Joe>

(Hasn’t happened yet) Among other news, the faculty art show reception was held Thursday night at the Eppley Art Gallery.

I like your transitions. In the MW3 story, this part is a little confusing.
“Many college students went to the midnight release. Fortunately for Morningside students, they didn’t have classes the next day, giving them time to sleep off the all nighter most of them will pull.”
the “will pull” park is confusing, because wouldn’t they have already stayed up all night? Shouldn’t it be “sleep off the all nighter most of them pulled?”
Sorry, just a little confused!
Otherwise, good.

Claire Elyse 11.10.11 @ 8:12 pm

I like how well this story will relate to Morningside students and mostly the guys on campus. I agree with Clair that some of the wording isn’t quite clear enough and just needs to be restated.

Alisa 11.10.11 @ 8:15 pm

I love COD Black Ops! I have to admit I bought one right away haha! This story will relate back to ALOT of morningsiders along with teens! Great topics!

Brittany 11.10.11 @ 8:18 pm

Why should I care about the Black Ops? It’s old news. Better to tell why MWF3 is better or what the appeal is or why students are so excited. Agree with Clair and Alisa that the verbage is awkward.

Peter 11.10.11 @ 8:18 pm

Interesting articles, maybe expand a little more on the wrestling team. But the COD article is good because its the truth about the lack of sleep

Andrew 11.10.11 @ 8:19 pm

MW3!! if you want another interview for your MW3 story I can give you one because I work at best buy and we were open at midnight for the release. For your news stories, you have the tendency to pick things that have not happened yet and then your news stories end up being late. Make sure you actually go to the art gallery tonight unlike the UNI homecoming story.

Josh Meredith 11.10.11 @ 8:21 pm

You have some good comments here, Derrick. Go with them.

fuglsang 11.14.11 @ 10:22 pm