header image

https://omaha.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/13-year-old-arrested-in-connection-with-fatal-shooting-of-another-boy-in-omaha/article_30c3bdee-6f83-11ed-8209-47da829fd38a.html

On Monday in Omaha Nebraska, a 13 year old boy was arrested in connection with the death of another 13 year old boy who’s body was found in September, Lenny Rodriguez.

The boy that was arrested was already in custody before-hand at the Douglas County Youth Center for charges relating to robbery and gun chargers as well. Currently, he is being arrested on the charge of first degree murder, use of a firearm to commit a felony, and tampering with the evidence.

Police had reported that they received a call the night the found Lenny on reports of gunshots in the area. When the police had arrived they found Lenny’s body on the street nearby. Once the rescue squad and ambulance had came, authorities rushed to the nearest hospital but it was to late, Lenny was pronounced dead.

This to me is a very eery story, a 13 year old shooting another 13 year old, you do not hear about that a lot in the criminal justice system. I do not know why the little boy thought he had to shoot the other kid, but I know that there had to be a better option than that.

It makes me upset to see the youth be so poisoned by the world at such a young age, the only thing 13 year olds should be worried about is what’s for lunch and homework. Surely there is something that we can do to help prevent crimes like this from ever happening again.

As far as the story goes I think that it is very well written and every sentence kept me entertained and wanting to read the next part. The title also did a nice job at capturing my attention. Like I said previously, it is not everyday that you hear about a 13 year old who shot another 13 year old, so when I saw it I knew I had to write about it.

~ by Christian on .

One Response to “News Comment #12”

1. Your reaction to the story — surprise and sadness — is what makes it news, Christian. The fact that kids are killing kids is a bad sign. People need to know what’s happening.