header image

https://omaha.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/death-of-man-found-near-38th-and-hamilton-being-investigated-as-a-homicide/article_c32d0bc2-6461-11ed-b11b-575016ce7054.html

A man found on 38th and Hamilton in Omaha, Nebraska with a head wound dies and police begin investigating it as a homicide.

On October 31st, at around 4 in the afternoon officers arrived at Hamilton street after reports of a person on the ground. Daniel Price was later identified as the man on the ground with a head wound. When they officers had found him he was unconscious and unresponsive.

Authorities said that once he was taken to the hospital, shortly after at around 10pm, he sadly passed away from the traumatic blood loss and head injury.

Police say that this investigation has been ongoing since they found Price dead on the street and have turned up nothing. They have now said that a reward of 25,000$ can be received if anyone has any information on potential suspects.

I really enjoyed this article and the main reason was how to the point it was. This event happened almost a week ago and is yet still one of the main talked about stories on the Omaha World Herald.

The fact that the writer was able to give basically all of the information possible in such a short page to me is very impressive. I think that possibly there could have been maybe some information about how his family felt about him dying but I think that would take away the fact that the murderer is still out there.

Adding all of the information at the bottom with the police officers numbers and the hoimicide unit hotline I thought was also a very good thing to do and needed because anyone reading it could have some kind of information about the event that happened.

~ by Christian on .

One Response to “News Comment #11”

1. Your comment runs longer than the story. The police have only so many facts at this point. Responses from the family and the ongoing investigation can go into follow-up stories.