header image

https://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/leeds-stabbing-suspect-in-sioux-city-police-custody/article_028f5acc-166c-52b6-bb19-bb39dd3df760.html

This Monday, at the Leeds Gas Station in Sioux City, police received reports that a man had stabbed his ex-girlfriend.

Faron Starr is currently being convicted of domestic abuse and second degree burglary after stabbing his now ex-girlfriend. The crime happened around 7:30 in the morning when Starr decided to stab her in the thigh. After Starr had fled the scene the ex-girlfriend made her way into a local residents to get help.

After the stabbing, not even 20 minutes later there had been a report of a burglary just about 3 blocks away. Reports say that Starr when into the house and stole 2 firearms along with ammunition. For some reason, Starr decided to return to the scene of the stabbing where he was arrested.

I though that this article had a very nice flow to it and had good transitions. The story itself is very interesting because this man could have done some serious damage if he wanted to. I don’t really understand why he went back to the crime scene with the guns and ammunition but then again I also don’t know why he would stab his ex-girlfriend.

I wish that maybe we could have known her name but obviously for legal reason it can not be displayed. The picture that they have of him on the website is the mugshot I’m assuming that he had taken when he arrived to the prison.

Very interesting article overall and the writer did a nice job at having a good flow throughout the story.

~ by Christian on .

One Response to “News Comment #10”

1. He’s been charged, not convicted. There’s a difference.

There’s no legal reason the Journal can’t publish her name. Maybe they have a policy of not printing names of victims of domestic abuse. I could see that.