header image

Stranger Danger

The first person that I talked to was Bruno Langeani. Bruno is a sophomore here at Morningside and plays soccer for the school as well.

When I first stopped to talk to Bruno I noticed that he was wearing a Brazil Jersey so I had to ask him if he was excited for this years World Cup in Qatar. Bruno told me that he Could not wait for the end of the year when he gets to go home and be with his family and cheer on his home country in the World Cup. “The last World Cup we won, I was 2 years old,” Bruno told me, “so I never really got to experience it or understand what it really meant.”

I also asked Bruno who he thought could also have a chance. To my surprise Bruno told me that, “no one else really has a chance, but if I were to say any other team it would be France.”

Once Bruno and I had finished our discussion on the World Cup, I asked him if I could take a picture of him. I assumed that he would have maybe laughed or took a step back when I asked him, but once again to my surprise Bruno was all for it. “Absolutely, whatever you have to do to get the best grade.” Bruno was an extremely nice person to talk to and was very helpful.

The next person that I found to interview was Keyera. Keyera is currently a Freshman here at Morningside with a Major in Business. She is also on the soccer team and plays striker.

When Keyera introduced herself to me and told me that she played soccer, I knew that I wanted to ask her about the teams first 2 games of the season. Unfortunately for me, Keyera told me that they lost both of their games 3-0 to Jamestown and Princeton.

“Our attitude and work ethic is what killed us,” Keyera told me after I had asked her what she thought the problems were in those games. “We really struggled at midfield and trying to get the ball on the offensive side.”

I had also asked what she thinks the team can do to be better prepared and ready to go for game days and she told me, “We need to start focusing a lot more in practice, a lot of the girls are really lackadaisical.”

Once we finished up our sports talk it was time for the tricky part, asking her if it would be okay to take a picture of her. “Oh gosh, who is going to see it,” was Keyera first response which would be something I would say as well. Once I told her that it would only be visible to the students in my class, she didn’t really care at all.

~ by Christian on .

One Response to “Stranger Danger”

1. Keyara’s criticism sounds very similar to what I hear from others on the team.

Nicely done, Christian.