header image

https://omaha.com/news/local/education/teachers-alleged-use-of-racial-slur-leads-to-sit-in-disruption-at-bellevue-west/article_c2974e00-2890-11ed-a014-b7f0fbd403d8.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

The new story that I chose to talk about was one from my local newspaper from my hometown in Omaha, Nebraska. This story talks about how Bellevue West, a high school in Omaha, was put into a hold status. A hold status is when all of the students at the school stay in their classroom until the staff says it is okay for them to go back into the halls.

What was the reason for the school to go into a hold status you ask? An alleged racial slur was used by one of the teachers during a class. The article goes on to talk about what kind of things the school would do to try and lighten the mood and the school and try to get a better understanding of what happened. The school had a short assembly that turned rowdy and rambunctious in about 10 minutes and that is why the school was forced to go on a hold status

I like how this article kept it very short, simple, and to the point, a lot of articles you see these days are so long and monotonous and give you barely any information. This article did a very nice job at telling us what the news was and how it was solved and also what is happening now.

~ by Christian on .

One Response to “News Comment #1”

1. Pretty good overall, Christian. About the right length. Summary is good. Your comments on the story are OK. You will have more to look for as the class goes on.