Thousands being rescued as waters rise from Isaac – 1

Filed under: Weekly News Comments — Caitlin at 4:51 am on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hurricane Isaac is currently making its way through the Gulf Coast.  With 60-70 mph gusts and the possibility of up to 25 inches of rain in some places Isaac is definitely newsworthy.  It is effecting so many people and just the weather in general is always news.  Not only was this an interesting read but some of the pictures that were taken were unbelievable.  There were stoplights hanging from wires and one way signs flipped completely around.  Not only were there pictures of destruction but there was also pictures of all the effort being put in to try and save animals, people and homes.  All the pictures of the sandbagging in particular remind me of the flooding we had last year in the Sioux City area.  I think this helps us relate better to what they are experiencing down in Louisiana.

Click here for the story!

1 Comment

3

fuglsang

September 3, 2012 @ 7:19 pm

Good discussion, Caitlin. Include a link to the story, that way I can see the pictures as well. You’re mention of Sioux City is interesting. Isaac isn’t affecting us, but many in this area will look and read simply because they do have that “flood” connection.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.