Elon Musk: A Busy Man – News Article #14

Elon Musk announced this past week multiple news at each one of his companies.

At Neuralink, he announced that in six months they would be ready to start testing the brain chips on humans. At Tesla, he announced an all-electric semitrailer. At SpaceX, he helped plan new space launches. Lastly, at Twitter, he was involved in a high-profile account suspension of Kanye West.

Wall Street Journal does a great job covering a wide variety of aspects of Musk’s life in this article. I actually found that reading it was quite interesting. This story is essentially a feature. It involves a variety of quotes from Musk.

Oftentimes I find myself intrigued by all that Musk is doing; however, the more I look into what Neuralink is, the more worried I seem to get. I do think Musk intends for good, by helping people without brain function. But I think that if this human chip becomes a real thing and shows it’s effective, it will raise a lot of ethical problems and questions.

To me, the biggest piece of this story that seems newsworthy to me is the Neuralink. As of lately, anything that Musk does ends up in the news, but the activity that is evolving around Neuralink is the most bizarre to me.

1. fuglsang Says:

“As of lately, anything that Musk does ends up in the
    news.” The definition of prominence, one of the news
    values. It’s usually reserved for celebrities and
    politicians. Musk is neither.