A chat with returning mustang!

Morningside Graduate, Steven Postolka came back to talk to the class Tuesday about his life and what he does for a career.

Steven went to Morningside and double majored in Political Science and Mass com and went on to law school at the university of Iowa. Then got a job for Sioux City, “I represent the city in court if they are being sued or if the city wants to sue I represent them as well”. Steven stressed that a lot of his work is not in the court room but in fact outside of it.

Sioux City isn’t that big of a city but how many times does it get sued in a year? “Around tens of thousands but the cases aren’t big enough for the ones for me to handle.” A lot of the cases that come through or against the city are minor like workers comp. “But sometimes we get sued for claims as big as a million dollars, those are the types of cases that I handle.”\

Since Steven is good at his job it has opened the door of opportunity to other states and other cities that are bigger. But Steven. said “I like this city, I like my pay and I’m happy here, its hard for me to move on.”

Makes sense that Steven wants to stay because he went to college here and is very familiar to the place. It was awesome having him in and having him talk about his work experiences and what he has achieved so far in his career. He is a really interesting guy and it was cool to have him come back to his old college.