A Sensory Adventure with Blue Bunny

As I opened the ice cream bar that my wonderful professor supplied for me I took in the sweet sound of tearing. Feeling like I was opening a present,the waxy paper tore away from the the solid bar revealing the brown gift. These ice cream bars always reminds me of my father who has worked at Wells Blue Bunny for many years now.

As I pressed the bar into my mouth I immediately felt the cool chocolate invade my tastebuds. My teeth slid into the bars brown flesh and tore away a chunk. The vanilla ice cream melted like snow as it slid down my throat. The chocolate remained on my tongue as flakes, creating a chore as I worked to get them down. Finally, the chocolate managed to melt as my warm saliva turned snow to lava. As I glances at my bar for the next bite I soaked in the crystal forms of the vanilla ice cream. With each bite the bar became softer and softer, leaving me with a deformed rectangle. The last few bites were not very simple and resulted in me peeling the debris off of my lap. The skeleton of the bar remained moist and bare in its wrapping, having been stripped of its skin

One thought on “A Sensory Adventure with Blue Bunny

1. “Like I was opening a present.” Good metaphors throughout. You’re also using some nice verbs.

At some point you might want to do more with the family connection. The “blue bunny” itself probably has meaning.