http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_spoint/20101201/ts_yblog_spoint/wikileaks-founder-added-to-interpols-most-wanted-list

Interpol is doing something right here in my mind.  Putting the WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, on their most wanted list earns high marks in my books for several reasons.  One, Interpol knows that what Assange did was wrong, regardless of the whole “Freedom of the press” B.S. that I’m sure Assange will pull at one point or another.  You don’t just blow the whistle on the U.S. government and release over 300,000 pages of confidential information and expect to be perfectly safe and secure from world wide governments.  Second, this is a good sign for the U.S.  Think about it for a second, everything that Assange leaked to the world had the U.S. bad mouthing many world leaders and ambassadors, with Interpol (the European’s version of the CIA) putting Assange on their most wanted list, this goes to show that the U.S. isn’t the only country that’s royally ticked off about the matter.  Also, if Assange is to be tried in Europe, he will have a better chance of being prosecuted fully without any sort of leniency, which he would likely get in the U.S.  What are your thoughts on this matter?

One Response to “WikiLeaks Founder On Interpol’s Most Wanted List?”

1.   fuglsang Says:

They tried the same charges after the first Wikileaks dump a few weeks ago. The charges were quickly dropped. This seems like harassment to me. Not that he doesn’t deserve it, but there has to be a better way of getting this guy. Freedom of the press doesn’t really work in Sweden, I don’t think. His argument, which is similar to many of the Internet generation, is that information should be free. That for some reason, we all have a right to get what we want. For free.