This weeks article talked about Christmas. It talked about how Jesus was not born near that time and that there was only two accounts in the Gospels on the Nativity of Christ. It also talked about how the date of Christmas was chosen and how it has warped through the years to then add Santa Claus and gift giving. It was a very historical summary of how Saint Nicholas got put in with Christs birthday.

The fact that Christs Nativity was only mentioned in the bible twice surprised me. I had to go look it up to see if it was true. I think growing up in the christian church we learned about Christmas, which made it seem as if the Nativity was in it quite a bit. It did not surprise me that the date of Jesus’s Birthday was not known. I had watched off a documentary that this was true. I did not know the story of how Saint Nick got into Christmas either. I think that it is funny the early church tried to take away from the partying over new years with the celebration of Christs birthday. I think that the gift giving has exponentially grown since the industrial revolution and is still growing today. I think as a very economic country that this helps our country to run. I thought this article was very thought provoking and makes me think about the idea of Christmas as a whole.

7 Responses to “Christmas”

1.   Jessie Says:

Nice blog! I agree the blog was interesting to read and found it fascinating that was placed between the holidays to slow down the partying. The article definitely put the idea of Christmas in an entirely different perspective than we are use to.

2.   New Year 2013 Canon Camera Deals Says:

This web site is usually a walkthrough like the info you desired about this and didnt know who to ask. Glimpse here, and youll definitely discover it.

3.   Christmas Nikon Camera Deals Says:

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything in this way prior to. So nice to get somebody by incorporating original thoughts on this subject. realy i appreciate you for starting this up. this excellent website is one thing that is needed on the web, a person with some originality. valuable task for bringing new stuff for the world wide web!

4.   Christmas Kindle Fire HD 2012 Says:

Excellent read. I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. He just bought me lunch as I found it for him! So let me rephrase: Thanx for lunch!

5.   iPad Christmas 2012 Says:

i think that RSS FEEDS should also be included on the list of the best inventions because it makes life easier for bloggers like us.

6.   Macbook Pro Christmas 2012 Says:

As i used to be a student in class a few, the mum thought i often genuinely must overview The english language previously, and so your lover very well then, i will critique from your category related with educator Ye related with Refreshing Building connected with Beijing. Together with the woman category When i started to review the groundbreaking Principle The english language furthermore to dealt with this sentence framework intended for when. Educator Ye well approach this by mouth The english language, jamming on top of that to publishing.

7.   soczewki Says:

Very informative blog. I especially enjoy content that has to do with beauty and fitness, so its refreshing to me to see what you have here. Keep it up! facial exercises