About Me

Hi everyone! My name is Taya Hinkeldey, and I am currently a sophomore at Morningside University. I am double majoring in Marketing and Psychology with a minor in International Affairs. With my degrees, I dream to work for an airline as a marketing agent and a flight attendant in my free time. I would love to own my own bar or restaurant in the future as well. I am on the wonderful and amazing Morningside track team and my specialty is sprinting. I was raised on a farm just outside of Schaller, Iowa. I have three siblings, Kaylynn (39), Laura (37), and Nathan (35), and I have five nieces and one nephew. My mom is a retired accountant, and my late dad was a farmer and owned his own lumbar company. My favorite activities to do in my free time are get coffee with my friends, go shopping at various thrift stores, run on the track, and reading many books. Fun fact, I never read a full book in high school, even if it was required. Now, I read about fifteen books in the summer of 2021 alone. My favorite hobby is stone collecting and hunting. I have been stone collecting for two years now and have a large collection. My favorite stone that I have is my rose quartz chunk. The stone weighs about 6 pounds and is from the Black Hills, South Dakota. In South Dakota alone I found over twenty stones, but I have roughly one hundred all together. Most of my stones are small though, and the smallest is my moldavite chunk that weighs only 3 grams. I have started getting into photography recently as well, and some of my photos are posted on my page!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image.jpeg