President Biden is mandating vaccines for American Workers

On Thursday, President Biden mandated COVID-19 vaccinations for two-thirds of workers. If workers are not willing to get vaccinated, they will need to follow-up with weekly testing for the infection. Healthcare workers and most federal workers will be disciplined if they refuse the vaccine.

The president expressed his feelings toward the nearly 80 million Americans who are eligible for the vaccine but refuse to get it. “We’ve been patient. But our patience is wearing thin. And your refusal has cost all of us.” Said the President.

Biden has promised to “protect vaccinated workers from the unvaccinated” 

Many companies in the country were hesitant about mandates before the Pfizer vaccine was approved by the FDA, but now that it is approved many of them are beginning the process of mandating vaccines. 

Mr. Biden also expressed his thoughts toward governors who are refusing mandates by saying, “If those governors won’t help us beat the pandemic, I’ll use my power as president to get them out of the way.”

My comment:

I believe that what the president is doing is right. There are millions of people who have contracted the disease and were hospitalized, and thousands of people have lost their lives. In January, the death rate peaked, and I am worried that it will only repeat itself if people are not vaccinated. There are too many lives at stake. I understand the people who will not get vaccinated for religious beliefs, but I do not believe or understand the people who simply refuse for other reasons, such as the government trying to track or control us. There is a way to prevent COVID-19, and it may not be easy to get 80 million people to change their minds, but I hope they will soon.