Mike Vick named the starter in Philly

It’d probably be hard to find anyone not in favor of the Eagle’s starting Mike Vick at quarterback. After Donovan McNabb was traded to the Redskins, the unproven Kevin Kolb was named the Eagles starting quarterback.

Kolb got his chance in week one and didn’t prove much to the Philadelphia faithful. He was ineffective in the quarter and a half that he played before leaving the game due to a Clay Matthews hit.

After that hit sidelined Kolb, Michael Vick stepped in and he delivered. The Eagles lost the game, but they were down 17 when Vick entered the game and only ended up losing by a touchdown. It was obvious that Vick gave the Eagles a spark that Kolb just didn’t seem to have.

In week two (last Sunday), Vick started against the Detroit Lions and once again looked great. He had a pair of touchdowns and threw zero interceptions, but more importantly, he led the Eagles to a win.

Now that Kolb has been cleared to play head coach Andy Reid just announced that he will be starting Vick from here on out. Lets not forget that Mike Vick was one of the best and most electrifying quarterbacks in the NFL before he had to serve a two year jail sentence and maybe he’s showing everyone that there’s still plenty left in the tank.

If the Eagles keep winning its going to be hard for Vick not to win the comeback player of the year award, but maybe more importantly, a story like this shows that everyone deserves a second chance in life.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5601286

Comments

One Response to “Mike Vick named the starter in Philly”
  1. Fuglsang says:

I can’t say I’m in favor of Vick. I think he should still be in prison.
    But that raises an interesting question about this story: When
    has an athlete paid his dues for a crime. You could argue that
    Vick did his crime and should be able to get on with his life,
    yet the media won’t let it go.

Similar to the Jets game last night. A player was picked up for
    DWI. He didn’t play the first quarter. Was that enough punishment.
    I would say no, but I got tired of the reporters debating the issue
    endlessly.