News Comment (Nov. 4, 2021)

More than a few NFL teams and players have been fined for violating COVID protocol. The Green Bay Packers were fined $300,000 and its quarterback, Aaron Rodgers was fined $14,000. His failure to follow protocol resulted in suspension from the Chiefs game in which they lost 17-3. The isolation period ends this Sunday, so he could make it back in time for his game against Seattle.

I want to go out on a limb and guess most people in the world know who Aaron Rodgers is and, there is no doubt in my mind every single person in the world is aware of the Coronavirus. This story is definitely news. I could ask every single one of my male friends, and they would all know Aaron Rodgers is suspended for violating COVID protocol. That being said, all of them probably think it’s dumb that he was suspended, but if more and more professional athletes disobey these protocols, the league would suffer and my friends won’t be able to sit on the couch all Sunday and watch football.

I wrote a similar story about professional athletes being punished for not following the rules, and authorities are doing a great job of shutting this problem down. These stories are important for us to read, so we all know the punishments for violating COVID rules.

NFL players and coaches especially can benefit from this article. If they weren’t following the rules before, they definitely want to follow them now.

4 thoughts on “News Comment (Nov. 4, 2021)