Netflix

On Monday, the CEO of the company Netflix decided to cancel the idea for adding Qwikster into the mix.  Qwikster was going to be another company, owned by Netflix, for people that ordered movies through the mail.  They chose the name Qwikster because it ensured quick delivery to subscribers.  The CEO, Reed Hastings, decided to cancel his plans because of the angered subscribers.  Since the decision to create the second company, he has lost over 1,000,000 customers.  The customers say that they will not reconsider subscribing again unless Netflix lower their costs.  The main reason why people cancelled their subscriptions when Qwikster was made was because of the need to have to separate accounts and separate billing accounts.  Subscribers said they enjoyed Netflix because of the simplicity of the company.  One person made a comment on how a movie should be made about this called, “How to Lose a Business in 10 Days”.

This is news to me because I am a Netflix subscriber.  However, I only use the service for instant movies or television shows.  I hardly ever use my subscription, only when I want to watch old movies.  Hastings is somewhat of an idiot, thinking that adding Qwikster and then jacking up the prices was a good idea.  This article is informational and the lead conveys what the article is about.  The article also gives the reader the ability to have their own opinion on the subject.

One Response to “Netflix”

1. fuglsang Says:

Links, Sam. Links to the original story. Links to stories about the angry responses. You’re providing a good reading of the story and its impact, but what if I (the reader) wants more?