Seven Students Arrested for Cheating on the SAT

The process for getting into college can seem very stressful for many high school students.  Six students, two high school and four college, paid up to 2,500 dollars for somebody else to take the SAT for them.  The person they had take the SAT was a sophomore in college that used to go to the same high school as they did.  The young man used fake IDs to take the tests and even used one for a female.  The administration figured it out when the scores the students got did not match up with their grades in school.  Also, the tests all had the same handwriting.  The young man that took the tests is pleading not guilty and his lawyer says that this is something that the court should not interfere with.  He says that the school should deal with it.  However, this is indeed cheating and since the SAT is a test that many students across America take, it is definitely not fair.  If they would have gotten away with it, they could have been taking the chances away from another student.  This is news to me because I am in college and I had to take a test like the SAT.  Even if I didn’t get the grade I wanted to get on it, I still took it myself.  These tests are used to see if students will succeed in certain colleges, they have a purpose.

One Response to “Seven Students Arrested for Cheating on the SAT”

1. fuglsang Says:

This could fit into impact, Sam. As you say, many people take the test and universities rely on its validity. It’s also teaching us tht cheating doesn’t pay; cheaters will be caught.

Try using a shift-=return to get paragraph breaks. Would be much easier to read than a big block of text.