October 13, 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-1528405

More proof that if it bleeds it leads. Unfortunately the article doesn’t tell what day this happened, but I’m assuming it was yesterday, as otherwise the crime will happen in the future, at least by the time of this posting. The article isn’t actually that good, as it seems to be riding on the fact that eight people were killed (as a side note: eight people? this guy is a good shot). There is no date for when this happened, no explanation of what actually went on during the shooting, and a very bare boned motive. Why would this guy come into a salon and shoot the hell out of it? That’s the million dollar question and what will keep interest in this story alive. The motive that they give is really sad. Apparently nobody told the alleged shooter that if he goes to jail, he’ll never really be able to see his boy again. But maybe that isn’t the reason. It’s pure speculation at this point. I see two things coming of this. Either it will be quickly swept away by the other news, like what occurred with the IHOP shooting, or it will cause a furor among the media, as what occurred during the Giffords shooting earlier this year. However, since this doesn’t seem to be politically motivated or involving any elected persons, it will probably be soon forgot by the world at large, especially if the police can get a confession within the next 48 hours.

6 Responses to “News Comment #7”

1.   Chanel Oberpriller said:

i need to write more content like that.

2.   fuglsang said:

Yes, the 24-hour news cycle is pretty brutal. Isn’t it interesting, though, you got this off the BBC? This is a breaking news story, which means not a lot is known yet. If you’re interested, check for follow-uo reporting. This story will disappear fairly quickly on the national scene (unless something unique comes up, like he bought his guns from Osama bin Laden), but it will stay news for the California town where it occurred. Those are the people who are most affected.

Do you know Chanel?

3.   Douglas Phillips said:

yes,The article isn’t actually that good, as it seems to be riding on the fact that eight people were killed !

4.   Peter said:

No I don’t know Chanel. But hey, I’m all for the attention and compliments. Didn’t find anything for the follow up on this but I didn’t look to terribly hard.

5.   Saran Marrotte said:

Wohh exactly what I had been trying to find, thankyou pertaining to setting up. “Arguments are like fire-arms which a person may well keep in the home but ought not hold regarding along with him or her.In . simply by Samuel Retainer.

6.   Christmas iPad Deals said:

I was real thankful to find this internet site on bing, just what I was looking for : D as well saved to my bookmarks .