News Comment #6

October 6, 2011

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/06/obama-jobs-plan_n_998010.html

I actually saw a little of this speech earlier today. I didn’t catch the part about raising taxes, though I’m glad we are, but I did see Obama issue a challenge of sorts. He asked the media to go to he Republicans, ask them for a jobs bill and have it vetted by the same economists that vetted his bill. He wanted the two plans scored to see which the economists thought was better. While a nice sentiment, it’s far too logical a move for America. The populace votes on feelings, not on logic. Look at the fiasco of Hank Williams Jr. At least Obama is trying to do something, even if it is the government creating jobs. The Republicans idea seems to try to get corporations to hire Americans but the only way to do that is by giving away what made the jobs good in the first place. I’m frustrated with Obama (Gitmo is still fucking open) but it’s nice to see him showing some balls for the first time since he took office.

3 Responses to “News Comment #6”

1.   fuglsang said:

What does Hank Williams have to do with this? Are you suggesting he thinks? Make it clearer how this is news, Peter. What the Pres does is news, and so is info on jobs. Where else can I look? Maybe for a differing take on the same story?

2.   Xmas Nikon Camera Deals said:

The writeup has proven useful to me personally. Its very useful and youre obviously extremely wellinformed in this region. You have got opened my own eyes to be able to varying thoughts about this particular topic along with intriguing and solid content material.

3.   Macbook Pro Christmas Deals 2012 said:

there are professional career coaches out there that charges a small fee..