Interactive Scavenger Hunt

The class was tasked with a scavenger hunt that would challenge us to go out of our comfort zone and interact with strangers. The goal was to complete the tasks on the sheet of paper assigned and collect two quotes. We had to interact with people in order to get our items.

I was on the lookout for a red rubber band and decided to visit the Lincon Center in hopes of finding one. I approached the first professor I encountered, Jeffrey Zink. Zink was sitting in his office when I asked him if he had a red rubber band. He gave me a confused look and asked “a red rubber band?”. I then explained what we were tasked with and the confused look disappeared from his face. He then started looking for a red rubber band but could not find one.

I then decided to complete my second task and ask him about an artist he recommends I listen to. He mentioned the group Post Modern Juke Box (one of their members being Scott Bradlee). I then asked why he like them and we went on explaining how unique the group is. Zink described their music as “contemporary pop hits that are changed in to different genres.” He gave examples like “they could take a lady gaga song and turn it into a 60’s hit”. I thanked him for participating and assured him that I would be checking this artist out.

I was still missing a red rubber band. I tried asking the security office in the Olsen Center but had no luck there. I decided to go to Lewis hall and ask someone in the admission office. I walked in and was greeted by Cindy Houlsworth: “How can I help you ladies?”. I asked her if she had a red rubber band and she started to look for one. She was not surprised at all and was very helpful. Luckily she found one. We then explained to her what we were tasked with and she smiled and laughed. As we were leaving she said “Good luck with the rest of that”. I had never seen Cindy on campus before but It was nice interacting with her and knowing that she is so willing to help.

(Image is to big to upload)

1 Comment so far

1.   fuglsang on September 30th, 2022

Jeff may have encountered my scavenger hunters in the past.

An a for perseverance. Cindy is always helpful.