Hello Everyone! 

Whether Keto is new to you or you have been livin’ this lifestyle for years now, I am happy you’re here! 

My name is Ashley Boer and I am a Junior at Morningside College in Sioux City, IA. I am originally from small town Rock Rapids, IA and came to Morningside for volleyball. My favorite things to do include any sport, hanging out with friends and family, going on trips, and listening to some good music. Since high school and now getting through college I have always been conscious about what I eat and just becoming healthier; physically, mentally, and spiritually.

My curiosity about Keto started when my parents began this new lifestyle a couple years ago. My mom was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called ankylosing spondylitis, which causes inflammation of the spinal joints that can lead to extreme pain in the lower back. The only thing that has helped decrease her inflammation and pain was cutting out sugar in her diet, low carbs, and eating lots of fat; aka the Keto Diet. 

With being a collegiate athlete and busy full-time student, the Keto life is hard for me personally. But when I have time in the summer and weekends to go home, nothing is better than seeing my parents pain free, healthy, and living their lives to the fullest (and of course indulging in delicious Keto food with them.) J

Even though I only do this Keto lifestyle part-time, it still benefits me and has helped me become a healthier, better me. And seeing my parents thrive in life and become a better them is part of the joy as well. 

Each day is a new day, and an opportunity to become a better you. 

C’mon, come read what it is all about!

Questions, Concerns?

Shoot me an email: amb036@morningside.edu