Archive for September, 2024

Sketch #1 Draft (First half roughly done, emphasis on draft!) »

The following is a conversation between an employee and their therapist. All names have been blocked out. Growing up, the idea of having therapy online seemed futuristic. However, today a majority of my therapy is done online. Maybe not through artificial intelligence (AI), but through video calls on platforms like Zoom. In contrast, my younger […]

Reverse Scavenger Hunt »

When given the assignment to give out some gummy candy for free to my peers, I figured it would be easy as pie to get rid of it and get some good quotes.  I was asked which kind of gummy I wanted to give out. We were given the options of Scooby-Doo, Marvel, and Pokémon. […]

What makes a character? What makes a story true? What makes a story? »

Select an article from one of the story sites linked on Moodle (I will also include link to other story options). In a blog post, discuss its “characters,” narrative structure, and themes; What is it “about”? And considering Hersey: Do you believe the story is “true”? *I would like to preface this by saying that I […]

C.I.A. Warning Helped Thwart ISIS Attack at Taylor Swift Concert in Vienna »

Pick one news story and make a list of five additional feature–ish stories that could come out of that same event/story. Which one would you most like to do? Why? Talk with Taylor or her team, ask how they’re doing now and how they feel about upcoming concerts Reach out to Austrian fans and ask […]