911 Operators are Overwhelmed

911 operators are overwhelmed by the number of calls they are receiving. According to a report done by The Daily 40 out of every 100 calls are butt dials. 100 million accidental calls were made just last year. Responders have to stay on the line just in case of an emergency. This leads to slower and less efficient response times.

I thought this was newsworthy because this can directly relate to everyone. If a friend or family member needed help we would want them to receive the fastest response. If each reader could learn one thing from this article it should be that we need to lock our phones or keep it in a better place, where butt dialing wouldn’t be an issue.

BUTT DIALING 911

2 comments

1. fuglsang’s avatar

SHouldn’t there be some advice in the story on how to avoid butt0dialing? Or is the answer obvious?

2. Lauren’s avatar

I think smart phone users need to be more conscious of their phones. Touch screens can easily dial random numbers when they are in someone’s back pocket. The best advice I would have is to keep your phone locked when you’re not using it.

Comments are now closed.