Reflection – Article #2

Writing article 2 was a big struggle for me, mostly because of the topic; politics. This was not really a problem or concern of mine before writing the paper. However, getting the interviews included in a smooth way into the article was a bigger concern of mine. This led to that I tried giving it more thought of what quotes I should put into the article.

For the article I started off by turning in a draft and afterwards the final product. The differences between my draft and final are not that different, except I wrote added more paragraphs to the final article compared to the draft. This should of course help finish the final paper and be more effective for the reader. One specific thing I changed was my lead, it went from “Morningside University is a school affiliated with Christianity” to “With under a month left, the midterm election is coming up November 8th and the stakes are, as usual; high.” This was to grab the attention of the reader better.

When writing the article, I put my focus to different places. I especially put more effort and focus into writing out the interviews and looking at the most important parts. Contrary, I wish I would have put a little more effort into researching politics in colleges.

After writing the paper I want to try keeping it simple. Simplicity is a thing that I can struggle with as a strategy, but I will use it in the future since it makes my articles better.