About Me

Hey everyone! My name is Kaitlyn Polk and I am a third year student at Morningside College, but I’m senior status.  I am a double major in Mass Communications & Non-Profit Management: Human Services Focus.  I will be graduating a semester early, December of 2019, and I’m not 100% sure yet what I want to do when I’m done with college.

I was born in Schuyler, NE and lived in Clarkson, NE from the time I was born up until 5th grade.  My family then moved to Roseland, NE and I attended Silver Lake High School from 6th-8th grade, and then we moved again.  The last place I moved to was Elgin, NE where I graduated with eleven kids in my class from Elgin Public Schools in 2016. I’ve grown up in small towns my whole life no bigger than about 700 some people…\

My dad is a Superintendent of Elgin Public Schools and my mom is a Para Professional at the ESU 8 in Neligh, NE.  I have three older siblings and two in-laws.  My sister, Jessica, is a Mental Health Case Manager at Lewis and Clark Behavioral Health Services in Yankton, SD and she is going to school for her MSW with focus in family centered therapy; she is married to Zach Kokesh.  My brother, Jacob, is an Elementary Teacher at Centennial Public Schools along with being a Softball, Basketball, and Track Coach; he is married to Katrina (Zekulin) Polk.  My brother, Zachary, is a Sports Director at KDOM-FM radio in Windom, Minnesota.

That is pretty much everything you need to know about me.  If you have any questions feel free to ask. 🙂

Carissa Powell

No responses yet

Comments are closed at this time.