Blog Entry 5

Today in the presentation we learned about the video game research lab that we have here at Morningside College. We learned about the experiments they are doing, like trying to determine how playing games affect you physiologically as well as socially and we also learned about they research experiments that are still ongoing today.  I think that the presentation was very interesting, it taught us that video games do have an affect on our everyday life, and that they can be used to affect the future. I also learned that there are people out there that are trying to prove the video games are unproductive and not worth the time and people are out there trying to prove those people wrong. I think the most interesting part that I learned today though was that telling girls that there is a gender effect while playing actually does have an affect on the way that they play. I feel like that if you tell them that it shouldn’t have an affect on the way that they play, but that it does really intrigues me. I hope to be able to find more out about it in the future.

No Comment