Problems with my own writing:

September 13th, 2012 Comments Off on Problems with my own writing:

One thing that I have struggled with in writing is portraying my ideas clearly and keeping the same idea throughout. I may start with a certain thesis, and change it by the end of the paper. I noticed last year in my research paper on political campaigns, I wrote my introduction first, but ended up changing it five or six times as my paper changed. It was a seven page paper, and after I found new information, the entire idea of my paper changed. It took a lot of work to go back and fix each paragraph to suit the paper’s new topic, but it was worth the extra effort.

I know I need to improve on organizing my papers in ways that make it easier to write and easier to understand for the readers. I could do this by writing out my outline on paper, creating ideas before writing, and allowing myself more time to get a good start on the paper.

Sometimes I don’t catch my grammar or spelling mistakes- it’s hard to reread my own writing and catch all of the mistakes. I know I need to have another person proofread the papers more often before the due date.

Tagged