I think, I feel, I believe.

I believe that people are inherently good. A bunch of human beings doing what they think and believe to be good—but that’s just it. Starting with “individuals” in the first place. A group of people all brought up differently both nature and nurture-wise. Therefore, what is good to one person may be morally wrong to another. Nonsense.
After realizing this some time ago, I think Alice definitely had it right.
“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrary wise, what it is, it wouldn’t be. And what it wouldn’t be, it would.”
Lewis Carroll, author of Alice in Wonderland, may his soul rest in peace. This man described my feelings on good versus evil, wrong versus right, my thoughts on morals and ethics so perfectly. I couldn’t think of a better way to describe it.
I understand everyone should have an opinion, and right now in my twenties I am in a prime position to figure out where I stand. I sometimes find myself empathizing for people who are acting on what they see to be correct, however society has deemed it socially unacceptable.
I want to have opinions. I want to speak with conviction. The hard part for me is justifying how my opinion on a subject can hold any greater importance from that of the next person.
I want to understand, and I want to see the angles and perspectives from which others see and draw from in order to produce their beliefs. However, the more I try to understand, the more lost I feel.
I believe that people are inherently good, but how good must one be to be considered a good person?