Non-Western Religions

In class on Tuesday we started talking about non-western religions and were shown pictures of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. All of these statues were unique and had specific differences about them that represented something in these religions. For example, Brahma has multiple faces and arms and his also holding a spoon that signifies the creation. Vishnu is holding a shell and a discus, while standing on top of a snake, which represents chaos showing that he maintains order. The last statue is Shiva that is shown dancing on a dwarf in a flaming circle, which signifies him being the destroyer of the world and is known as the God of death and God of sex.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Non-Western Religions

1. Jack Danks says:

Thanks for posting this since I wasn’t in class Tuesday. I now know what happened during it and some specific facts. I like the different statues and the different things that they represent.

2. Ivy Coenen says:

An individual made some decent points there. I looked on the net for the issue and identified most individuals will go with with your web site Non-Western Religions | Intro to Religion Blog.