Judaism

In one of our class periods this week we talked about many different aspects of Judaism, but one of them that I was still unsure about was the lifestyle of being Kosher. I understand what the Koshers daily rules that apply to appropriate food, dress, and contact are and that it’s their religion to follow through with all these rules. When we talked in class about the husband living out the rules as they’re stated, while his wife just lived her regular life, I realized how hard it would be for a couple that doesn’t both follow the Kosher rules to live together. But, the main questions I have about it is when was this started, how did it ever get started, and who decided all of the rules that apply for people who live out this lifestyle?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Judaism

1. Wayne says:

Before we discussed Judaism I knew barely anything of the Kosher lifestyle. I thought I knew some things but figured out I knew next to nothing about it. Scott makes a good question about how this was started and who began it. Was it somehow interpreted out of the Hebrew Bible or was it made by someone else?