Sexism and Politics!

Well, looks like our topic today is going to be over sexism found in politics. GREAT… Let’s start with what the article I read was all about and how it led to the topic. I was just assigned to read a section from some book. Now, to make things short and sweet, the thing was over how presidential candidates like Sarah Palin, Hilary Clinton, and other female candidates running for other seats in the House were facing sexist comments from the media, men, etc. Ya… you kind of expect that sort of thing would happen, I mean if you look back in history most people in power or held power were men. So, it wasn’t that hard for men to compete with each other to see who could be the alpha dog. However, when a woman is present the whole strategy changes, the woman could be viewed in two ways: one, this must be an insult because someone is pitting a weakling like her against a powerhouse like me; two, she serves as a threat to the long-believed/lived male superiority. Usually, the first view mentioned would be the one expressed frequently, but we all know deep down somewhere the men fear women. Because when that “woman” starts winning some races, there’s a chance that she may win and have all the power. For men, that means chaos and devastation because they still view women as a weaker vessel. Here let me break it down how men usually view women when they try to get some power: weak, emotional, sex-objects, naive, unprepared, etc. Because of those stereotypical views, women continue to be patronized and scrutinized. It’s unfair and ridiculous, women may not be physically strong like men, but they are equal in intelligence and other things. Women are capable of doing things men can do (besides some things like lifting extremely heavy objects and what not,) they aren’t the naive housewives you use to know back in the days. Women are intelligent beings that are capable of solving complex situations and demonstrating leadership when necessary. So, the next time you read in a magazine/newspaper/etc. and see a woman running for office, don’t patronize or underestimate her. Because that woman can prove you wrong and show you that she can  change our lives for the better.

This entry was posted in Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Sexism and Politics!

1. Hello there! Is this All right if I ask anything kinda off topic I am attempting to see this web page on my new ipad but it will not show up right, do you have any remedies Do i have got to have an update for my application or something Thanks in advance!

2. Thanks for that magnificent writeup, great site to! It makes be want to get a weblog. What software do you have to get started I hear a good deal about this WordPress!!

3. fans says:

nice information

4. Shawn says:

I want to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely loved every bit of it. I have got you book-marked to check out new things you post…

5. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who had been conducting a little research on this. And he actually ordered me dinner because I stumbled upon it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending time to discuss this matter here on your site.

6. This is the right website for everyone who wishes to find out about this topic. You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I personally would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a topic that has been discussed for years. Excellent stuff, just wonderful.

7. John says:

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you, However I am encountering troubles with your RSS.

I don’t know the reason why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody else getting identical RSS problems? Anyone that knows the solution will you kindly respond? Thanx!!