Beauty and Society: The Sad Truth (Just Kidding)

The article was over our perception of beauty and how it changed throughout the years. How we are attractive to beautiful men and women that have a youthful look, symmetrical facial features, and ability to reproduce. It also went in depth how our perception of beauty was with us since birth, as example babies tend to be attracted to people they deem as beautiful and not interested in unattractive people. Moreover, as we reach adulthood we begin to idolize celebrities like playboy models, Miss America, etc. Furthermore, we try to enhance our facial feature to make it look like the ideal face through surgery.

I think this is interesting, how people find one another attractive through the simplest ways. Moreover, the most attractive people were the normal people even though our idea of the perfect face seem to be smaller than average and young. I also find it this article scary, because everyone ages and when I become an old coot, I really don’t want to see myself calling up some surgeon to get some plastics in my face and applying Botox every night to regain my youth. Anyways, I’m surprised that we idolize models even though their photos are digitally enhanced and that they are underweight. Truthfully, those models do look very attractive but I wouldn’t want to look like that. Maybe less wrinkly and fewer crows feet but otherwise I like my size: small, short, and chunky fun-size.

This entry was posted in Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Beauty and Society: The Sad Truth (Just Kidding)

1. Jon Hoaglund says:

I like your approach to the article and personal analysis. What steps do you think are available to our society to move away from a physical beautification focus? What sort of actions can we as individuals take? … Who determines if our perception of beauty as it is now is right or wrong?

2. Emily says:

I like your idea, and you came on pretty strong. Have you considered the thought that plastic surgery could boost someone’s self esteem?

3. Rahul says:

So true Cammy, Now society is so much changed, people have forgotten about the natural beauty, what now they care is how plastic surgeries will help them look good.

4. Windykacja says:

This blog is pretty cool. How was it made !?

5. Rich Amor says:

Mind would reflect to the beauty and attractiveness

6. You said in your post that babies tend to be attracted to beautiful people. Really? Or is this hypothetical?