Liking What You See Response and Summary

Summary:

Liking What You See is a documentary on calliagnosia and people’s view on adopting calliagnosia (calli) or the inability to perceive a face as beautiful or ugly. Some people believe that everyone should adopt calli because discrimination against unattractive people would decrease and people’s self-esteem would gradually rise and people would accept their and others appearances. If more people had calli, then people with scars, blemishes, or anything that deforms the face or makes it unattractive would not be ostracize as much as before. Furthermore, people like Tamera’s (a girl with calliagnosia) parents believed that calli helps children focus more on their abilities than what their appearance can do for them. Moreover, people believe that having calli at an early age would prepare children to face the ‘outside world’ when their adults without calli than when they are without calli from the start and having to face discrimination.

Some people argue that calli is bad, because a person could no longer identify a person as attractive or not or has the potential for producing a better offspring. Tamera, who previously had calli, discovers what an attractive face was and what was not, then finds she not really standing out as pretty or ugly range but the average or middle range. But, as she was starts to get used to it, she finds that she was beautiful and became ecstatic. Other people like Jeffery Winthrop claims that calli was bad because it causes people to not actually see beauty and having it would not really help people. Moreover, Winthrop said that maturity is what stops discrimination not calli, and with calli a person really cannot make their own decision because they are incapable of differentiating pretty from ugly.

Response:

I agree with the idea of adopting calliagnosia, it would actually help everyone, because not everyone is perfect, no one is the ideal human being. Everyone has flaws and everyone judges one another not only by character but, if not most, by appearance. If everyone had calli, no one would be prejudice and there would not be as much discrimination as before. Sure, most current runway models would not have jobs anymore because just about anyone could take up the job but, it would help create a healthier environment where everyone was actually equal when it comes to facial features. Personally, I believe that with calli teen suicide rates would drop a couple of percentages because most teens really focus on their physical appearances. They care about what people say about them, especially about the way they look. Calli would change that and teenagers would focus on other things besides their appearance or what is the new “in” thing that would make a big fashion statement, like they could focus on homework more or sports or other activities. Calli would make being ugly and ostracized would no longer a problem, being left out from the “in” group would no longer occur, and no kid would be left as the unpicked kid just for his or her blemishes or unattractive face. But, please take notice that it is best not to turn off calli, because turning it off means reviving discrimination.

This entry was posted in Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Liking What You See Response and Summary

1. Kayla says:

I personally am one to judge on apperance and I think that almost everyone is. For example, if i see a guy on campus who is big and bulky I think “football player.” I think that as a society we need to get to know people first before we judge them, but I dont think we need to use a system like calliagnosia to litterally change the way we see adn think about people. I have seen people change from being to judgemental to understanding poeple’s viewpoints and accepting people for who they are by them selves with out the help of a treatment. I don’t see a point of physically altering our minds to stop judging people and I think it should be done by choice and not by force.

2. Cade says:

I agree completely with your post and just am stopping in to highfive you.

I do think, though, it should be a person’s individual option whether they want one or not, and whether they will have it off or on if they get one. The personal freedom there is important, and the reading did mention some professions like doctors and the like where the attention to the tiniest detail can be vital. Figuring out how everything would work would be complicated but possible.

3. Maggie says:

I agree with you that by having Calliagnosia there would be less discrimination in the world. How would the media respond to this epidemic if it were to occur? Do you believe there should be a point in a person’s life where they can turn it off? or should they leave it on at all times through their life? If a person is older and has already seen beauty do you believe it would be effective on them?

4. freemobilephonedeal.com free mobile phone deal

5. Keywords says:

I’m hoping that both Hubpages and Squidoo will bring me a little pocket money
    Karen recently posted..Emancipator- Safe in the Steep Cliffs Music Review

6. I do not even know the way I ended up right here, but I assumed this put up was once good. I do not realize who you’re but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger should you are not already 😉 Cheers!

7. free download backstreet boys get down lyrics

8. I believe you would established that in the Windows or Mac default open with’ settings, not within the program.

9. new songs says:

Hi I like your blog. Would you like to guest post on my own someday? If that’s the case make sure you let me know by means of email or perhaps reply to this kind of comment because We enrolled in announcements and can know if you do.

10. edit pdf mac says:

I’m pretty impressed with this. I’m new to Squidoo and reading your blog has provided me with the inspiration to try and reach this lofty goal. This shows me anything is possible.

11. I won’t be able to wait to see who won! Very good Luck to everyone who entered!//

12. 6 Free Multi Photo Frame Apps for iOS…

13. u my very good sir really are a fudge paking homo

14. custom usb flash pen denver

15. established says:

Skype is good but u can connect to more persons quicker that skyping folks individually and msn is crap

16. Linux VPS says:

creative examples, thankf for sharing.

17. Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and
    personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this website.

18. submit “One Squidoo Lens, 1 month, $1,000” opened my eyes to your income generating potential of Squidoo, however: Now I’ve earned $1,000

19. get your facebook email account”, I end up with this internet websites. According allfacebook.com and techfire.com, users would must wait around to be invited. All you have to do is login to your facebook account and

20. Greetings from Los angeles! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, great blog!

21. vasdggqwea says:

Merely wanna input that you have a very nice web site , I enjoy the pattern it really stands out.

22. Hola! I’ve been following your web site for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great job!

23. ghawiaklw says:

I’ve been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours Liking What You See Response and Summary | interdepartmental honors. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

24. What a jewel box. This car could well be parked on a turntable in my residing room but can be regularily driven to help keep it fresh. It feels like it’s significantly from “original” (paint color & drivetrain) but guy, what a gorgeous car. Occur on, Powerball!..

25. you possess a great blog here! want to develop invite posts on my blog

26. Lenard says:

I really like it when folks come together and share views. Great site, keep it up!

27. Cyrus says:

When I originally commented I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there a way you are able to remove me from that service? Thanks a lot.

28. You’re so interesting! I don’t believe I’ve read anything like that before. So good to find another person with some original thoughts on this subject. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is needed on the internet, someone with a little originality.

29. konkurs says:

I needed anokorotpersutrosumowe to post you a very small remark to finally say thank you as before for your personal lovely tips you’ve shared here. It is simply surprisingly open-handed with you to allow without restraint what exactly some people would have made available for an e book to end up making some cash on their own, even more so now that you could have done it in the event you wanted. The tips in addition acted as the great way to fully grasp that most people have a similar fervor really like mine to know a whole lot more in terms of this problem. I think there are several more pleasurable opportunities in the future for many who examine your blog.

30. e cigaret says:

It¡¦s actually a great and helpful piece of info. I¡¦m happy that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

31. Many thanks for this amazing post. I found it interesting and full of important information for me because I’m a huge fan of most topics relevant to iPhones devices and their accessories. So keep going and looking forward to more pieces like this.

32. What are the differences between the medical science and science courses at uni of sydney?