Profile Sketch

21 10 2014

I’m not completely sure how this whole profile sketch thing goes, but I’ll outline what I’m planning on writing for my profile. With the World Series going on this week, and with it being an incredibly historic year for the Royals, I thought that it would be a kind of timely topic to write about Jacob Meysenberg, senior English and math major, and probably Morningside’s biggest Royals fan. He is the type of person who lives and dies with the Royals’ every victory and defeat.  You can always tell how the day’s game went just by looking at his face. Back during his freshman year, he wore a Royals baseball cap all day every game day for good luck.

Over the last twenty or so years, being a diehard Royals fan meant being dejected from March until October every year. But that’s obviously not so right now. Jacob is on cloud nine with the Royals’ recent victories.

The really cool thing about Jacob is that he has taken his love of baseball and combined with his writing and statistical skills to become a featured blogger on kckingdom.com. He’s been writing blog posts on the Royals for two and a half years now.

For my story, I’m going to watch the second game of the World Series (this Wednesday night) with Jacob and describe his reactions. I think that will be a pretty good lead-in to the story. It will set the scene and describe the subject of the profile. He’s a really unique kid, so I hope to capture his voice. I’m also going to interview him pretty extensively about his job writing for the blog (I think that’s the most interesting part of the whole thing) and how he got started loving baseball. I’ll probably talk to his friends and maybe his coach (swimming) or one of his professors to get another couple opinions.

Actions

Information

One response to “Profile Sketch”

27 10 2014
  fuglsang (02:01:35) :

I’m curious why refer to him as a kid, Hannah. I looked at
his website, and “Kid” is probably accurate. He is
passionate about the Royals in a way that only a youthful
person could be.