Thursday, August 30th, 2012...4:14 pm

Eating Blue Bunny Chocolate Covered Ice Cream

Jump to Comments

When you open the dull paper covering the delightful ice cream on a stick, you are just anticipating how good it will be. When I finished opening the package I was somewhat disappointed because the ice cream was slightly melted and some of the chocolate was coming off. But let me tell you, it was still delicious. It is the perfect treat for a hot August day like this. When the chocolate crunches in your mouth after the first bite, and every other bite after that to say the least, you know you made the right decision to continue eating it. Even if it continues to melt and becomes more difficult to eat, it is still worth it. As you finish, you are realizing that you want more ice cream but since you have self control you won’t get up and get another.

• What happens if you replace “you” with “I,” Hannah? I like the “Let me tell you,” because you are the voice of experience here. But tell me what you feel, not what I would feel if I had a popsicle. You make it real for me.

Consider as well: What makes it the perfect treat? Why was it the right decision? Why is it difficult? For each, could you show me perfection, rightness and difficulty?