About me!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG-20190610-WA0149-2-1-585x1024.jpg

My name is Emily Rotthaler and I am a 22-year-old Mass Comm graduate from Morningside University in Sioux City, IA. Originally, I am from a small-town/village in Austria called Angath (yes you probably have to look that up but let me tell you it is beautiful).

I came to Morningside to be on the Women’s soccer team. I have played and watched soccer for basically all my life – ever since at the age of 3 I watched my brothers play and decided I needed to do the same. Figures that when I saw my chance to study in the United States AND continue to play my favorite sport I did definitely not hesitate. Sooo, here we are.

But don’t worry, soccer is not my only passion and will not be the only thing I write about. I also enjoy sailing, trying out all kinds of other different sports, learning new languages, journalism, and traveling. Another passion of mine is to attend rock festivals or concerts of my favorite bands like Bastille and Volbeat as well as cooking (plus of course eating!) traditional Austrian and Bavarian food.