New Comment 3
Thursday September 13th 2012, 2:46 pm
Filed under: Uncategorized

I was listing to the radio in my mother’s car on Tuesday. Sean Henity of course like she always listens to. I became very angry by a comment a caller made about 9/11. The woman on the phone who was going on about how she is a New Yorker and she is still very sad about the terrorist attacks that occurred 11 years ago. That isn’t what upset me. She began to go on about how no one really takes time out of their day to remember all of the victims of 9/11. She also thinks that September 11th needs to be made a federal holiday. Why? I understand many people are still hurt about the terrorist attacks but I don’t think that we need to have a federal holiday to remember the lives that were lost. Pearl Harbor isn’t a federal holiday, it does however have a remembrance day. That should be enough.

On Good Morning America that Tuesday morning they had a man that lived through the Twin Towers attacks. Pasquale Buzzelli was an engineer who worked on one of the top floors of the World Trade Towers. When the towers were collapsing he surfed down on a piece of debris and woke up looking at the sky. Buzzelli didn’t talk about his survival story to anyone but his family, friends, and small town media. 11 years later he came out on Good Morning America telling his story. Why would he wait 11 years to tell people that he survived? The anniversary is hard for a lot of people, it may have given some people comfort knowing that someone survived. I do consider this news. People would want to know about a happy ending  after a  tragedy.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/09/10/man-survived-11-attacks-on-twin-towers-by-surfing-debris-22-floors-as-his/

So what was Hannity’s response to the caller? Did he agree? Usually hosts don’t let callers on air unless they agree.

I hadn’t heard about the surfer either. There could be lots of reasons why he waited so long to tell his story. You could go farther in this discussion, Erin, by considering why the media revisits the event every year. Is it to honor those who died, or is it to remind us it could happen again?

Comment by    fuglsang 09.13.12 @ 7:15 pm